Application deadline: December 9, 2019
View/Download a PDF version: CLICK HERE
Greystone Books is hiring a Publishing Assistant to join our team of passionate and creative book publishing professionals. The Publishing Assistant plays a key role in general office support and will provide administrative assistance across multiple departments.
The ideal candidate is a reliable self-starter who will bring a positive energy to the workplace. The Publishing Assistant requires excellent time-management and organizational skills and is able to undertake a varied workload.
This full-time, entry-level position is based in our Vancouver office, and benefits include extended health coverage, long-term disability, professional development opportunities, complimentary books, and occasionally, ice cream!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with general office administration by answering the phone, greeting visitors to the office, maintaining office tidiness, and other tasks as needed.
- Supporting various departments by coordinating mailings, maintaining databases, assisting with scheduling, proofreading materials, and other tasks.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A passion for books and a keen interest in the publishing industry
- Experience in an administrative role
- Demonstrated organizational and time-management skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in a public-facing customer service role
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive
Greystone Books is a leading publisher of nonfiction books about nature and the environment, travel and adventure, sports, social issues, science, and health, as well as books that are exceptional literary expressions of personal passions. In 2019, Greystone launched a children’s imprint, Greystone Kids, which publishes picture books and middle reader non-fiction that explore the natural world, climate justice, social issues, and science.
Greystone is committed to providing an environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity, can contribute fully, and have equal opportunities.
To Apply:Please send a cover letter detailing how you meet the qualifications and why you want to work for Greystone Books, along with a resume in a single PDF to email@example.com by end of day December 9, 2019.