Greystone Books is a leading trade book publisher of nonfiction books for adults and picture books and middle-grade nonfiction for young readers. We are looking for an energetic and innovative Sales Manager to oversee our print and digital sales worldwide. This is a full-time position, based in Vancouver, BC, reporting to the Publisher. This role will work closely with the internal team, as well as with external Sales Reps and distributors, to oversee sales in multiple territories, develop and implement sales strategies, manage inventory, and provide market intelligence when called upon.
- Develop and execute sales plans to maximize profitability.
- Work with key national account reps and international distributors to oversee projections, orders, returns, and allocation of stock.
- Manage and sell directly to select channels / accounts.
- Act as the internal liaison for sales representatives.
- Oversee the entire sales cycle, setting up appropriate meetings, coordinating distribution of sale material, and ensuring metadata deadlines are met.
- Monitor inventory and projections to make recommendations for printing and stock allocation.
- Work closely with the marketing department to ensure sales and marketing goals are in line and support each other.
- Create and analyse sales reports.
- Other tasks as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of book Industry experience in sales, marketing, operations, or publishing management, or equivalent experience in a similar industry.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple competing responsibilities.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Exceptional Excel skills.
- Proficient with productivity and collaboration tools like Google Workplace and comfortable learning new applications and proprietary in-house systems.
- Passionate about books and the book industry.
Greystone Books is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Salary is commensurate with experience and in line with national standards for the industry. Benefits include extended health coverage, professional development opportunities, and complimentary books. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required.To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Sales Manager” to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 22nd, 2021