Snot, Sneezes, and Super-Spreaders
Everything You Need to Know About Viruses and How to Stop Them.
- ISBN: 9781771649735
- Tags: All Books, Children's Books, Marc Ter Horst, Middle-Grade Readers, Wendy Panders,
- Dimensions: 8 x 9.75
- Published On: 11/08/2022
- 138 Pages
Curriculum Guide for Teachers and Parents Available (Download/See All)
Discover the extraordinary world of viruses, from their creation and transmission to what we can do to stop them, in this science-based resource for kids 8 to 12.
If we didn’t know it before, we certainly know it now: Viruses can be powerful—so powerful, in fact, that they can hold the world in their grip for months at a time. But what exactly is a virus? Where do they come from and what do they do to our bodies? How do they spread, and what can we do to protect ourselves?
Author Marc ter Horst tackles these questions with playfulness and humor, while Wendy Panders’ quirky and enlightening illustrations bring the text to life. Snot, Sneezes, and Super-Spreaders is an accessible and engaging guide to help young readers understand our current world, with information on:
- Pandemics, addressed in an age-appropriate way that goes beyond doom and gloom.
- The value and importance of vaccines for addressing viral diseases.
- Fascinating, icky diseases of the past—and those that still hang around today.
- The science behind how to protect ourselves and our communities from current and future viruses.
Marc ter Horst studied literature but soon found himself more interested in geology, astronomy, and evolution. He has written several nonfiction books for kids, which have been translated into many languages, including Palm Trees at the North Pole. He lives in the Netherlands.
Wendy Panders is an illustrator and graphic designer for magazines and newspapers and has illustrated many children’s books. She lives in the Netherlands.