Ocean plastics are an evolving issue in our world. As you read the book Plasticus Maritimus, check back here for updated resources, such as petitions and new scientific discoveries, and together we’ll end ocean plastics, once and for all!
By Ana Pȇgo and Isabel Minhós
Illustrated by Bernado P. Cavalho
There’s an invasive species in our oceans: Plasticus maritimus. It’s a threat to our world. What is it? What can we do about it?
Sign the petition:
- "We Are All Plastic People Now, In Ways We Can't See—and Can No Longer Ignore" — Globe and Mail
- #EndthePlasticDisaster — Oceana Canada
- Protecting Coastal Waters — The David Suzuki Foundation
- Ocean Plastics Pollution: A Global Tragedy for Our Oceans and Sea Life — Centre for Biological Diversity
- Trash Free Seas — Ocean Conservancy
- A Guide to Plastic in the Ocean — National Ocean Service