Job Description: Designer
We are seeking a part-time Designer to join our dynamic and creative team at our Railtown office in Vancouver. Under the direction of the Art Director, the designer will be involved in the creative process of our books, from concept to production, and marketing materials. This position is set to start as part-time with room for growth into a full-time position.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and produce a variety of print and digital marketing materials for all our books, including: advertisements, catalogues, posters, bookmarks, postcards, and social media assets
- Design, layout, and typeset book interiors and covers
- Collaborate with our marketing team on ideas and concepts for promotional material
Required skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, or equivalent experience
- A solid foundational knowledge of typography for print and digital outlets
- Thorough understanding of print production
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently as part of a team
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Self-motivated and organized
Bonus skills and knowledge:
- Experience with book design is an asset
- Knowledge of web design
- A passion for books/reading
- A passion for nature, the environment, and social justice
- A love of ice cream and chocolate
To apply, please send a cover letter and a portfolio link or sample, with your résumé, to email@example.com by July 15th, 2018. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, we will only contact you if you are selected for an interview.
Greystone Books is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, or sexual orientation.
Greystone Books is a trade book publisher that focuses on high-quality non-fiction books that appeal to regional, national, and international readers. A leading publisher of books about nature and the environment, travel and adventure, sports, social issues, science, and health, as well as books that are exceptional literary expressions of personal passions. Almost half of the books originated by Greystone sell overseas, and licensed editions are sold in more than fifteen countries.
Greystone Books was recognized in April 2017 by Publishers Weekly, an industry trade magazine, as one of the fastest-growing publishers in North America.